Open Exhibition Submission 2017
April 24, 2017 @ 2:00 PM
Due to a technical error with our website we will be extending the deadline. Submissions must now be received by 5pm on Thursday 8 June 2017
Town Hall Arts first annual Open invites artists at all stages of their careers, working in any contemporary art media, to submit work for exhibition at Trowbridge Town Hall.
Our panel of selectors will be led by Peter Riley, curator of the Young Gallery in Salisbury, and will include members of the Town Hall Arts team. First and second prizes will be awarded and the winning artists will be invited to exhibit in our main gallery in January 2018.
First Prize £500 plus a place as the featured artist in an exhibition at Town Hall Arts in Jan 2018
Second Prize 500 postcards sponsored by Avon Printing Services, plus a place as a supporting artist in an exhibition at Town Hall Arts in Jan 2018
Peoples Choice Prize £250
• All fine art media will be considered
• There are no geographical restrictions
• Work must have been produced in the last 2 years
• Work may be available for sale or not. Town Hall Arts collect 40% commission on sales.
• Artists may make up to 6 entries
• Cost per entry is £5
• Selected works must be delivered ready for hanging i.e. framed if appropriate
1. Complete the application form here as a PDF, or here as a Word document
2. Make payment of £5 per entry here – www.ticketsource.co.uk - you
must enter your booking payment reference on the application form.
3. Create one image of each work and label it with your name, the title of the work and
the medium. Images must be between 500kB and 2MB. Please provide website links
to video works.
4. Email your application form, and images to email@example.com
Our preference is for submissions by email however we will accept postal applications from
artists who do not have access to email. Entries should include the information as above and include the payment reference from Ticketsource (link above) or a cheque for £5 per entry made payable to Trowbridge Town Hall Trust.
Please do not deliver physical work to Town Hall Arts for submission. If you are successful you will be contacted and invited to deliver your work in June.
Deadline for entries Thursday 8 June 2017
Successful applicants notified by Thursday 15 June
Work must be delivered on Monday 26 June
Exhibition Opening Friday 30 June
Collection of works Monday 4 September
Town Hall Arts reserves the right to retain and use images from work submitted for press and
publicity purposes. Whilst every effort will be made to observe special display requirements,
Town Hall Arts will make the final decision how selected works are shown.
Pay for your entry here